Cassidy, Grandma Gimp, Shlee and I spent the morning making sugar cookies and decorating them. Cassidy loved playing in the flour and getting dirty. And of course eating the cookies when we where done.Mike's work decided to have a mustache growing contest for the month of October ending on Halloween. So Mike had to choose a costume with a mustache. He chose to be a redneck. He pulls it off a little too well.....

For the final touch he shaved his head! I helped him do it. (Mike teased me that his hair wouldn't grow back.) At the time it was quite funny but after he completed the costume with bad teeth I could barely look at him.It paid off though. He won best costume at work. $25 gift card to Wal-Mart was worth a bald husband for a weekend. But I hope he doesn't sport this look ever again.
We went trick-or-treating at his work. I came as his frumpy house wife, mumu and all.
Cassidy was our sweet little pumpkin. Even with pumpkin matching crocs care of Grandma Gimp and her favorite store Kid-to-Kid.Cassidy was a little more into the trick-or-treating this year because she could actually eat the candy. She got really good at dropping the goods into her bucket. Although the suckers never made it, they went straight up to mommy with a plea "Open Please." How could I resist that sweet face?
Grandpa James and Grandma Rox had to come give their little pumpkin a squeeze.Then it was time to go Trick-or-Treating at G & G Higbee's.
Cassidy tried to say pumpkin when she saw them. I think I was the only one who understood what she was trying to say.
It was pretty cold so we didn't hit too many houses but Cassidy got the hang of it. By the third house she was saying "Treat" when we would get to a door. Then she would take a whole handfull of candy. She had been taking them one at a time earlier but Grandpa showed her how to fill her bucket at his house with his bowl full of candy. Cassidy sure loves her Grandpa Steve. When he is around no one else exists.
But in the end she always wants her mama. I love my sweet little girl.Then Sunday came and Hooray! Mike shaved his head and mustache. I was glad to have my husband back.
We were joking that he needed to call his mom and say he was ready for the yearly family pictures. Good thing his hair grows fast.
2 comments:
Oh Cassidy is so cute. I loved seeing her little pumpkin self in the slide show last night. Oh, and I love your hat! So cute.
I loved Mike's costume! So authentic!
Post a Comment